Not sure what to cook for breakfast on those cold mornings.
Hungry but need to keep the calories down.
Start the day in a super healthy way with energy-boosting oats and fresh fruit.
- 100g porridge oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon,plus extra to serve
- 4 tsp demerara sugar
- 450ml skimmed milk
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 400g punnet strawberries, hulled and halved
- 150g pot fat-free natural yogurt
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix the oats, cinnamon, sugar, milk and half the sliced bananas. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Turn down the heat and cook for 4-5 mins, stirring all the time.
- Remove and divide between 4 bowls, top with the remaining banana, strawberries, a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Recipe Tip
- TO OVEN COOK
- Heat the oven to 150C/ 130 fan/ gas 2. In an ovenproof dish, thoroughly mix the oats, cinnamon, sugar and the milk. Cover with foil and cook for 45 mins. Remove and stir through half the banana and bake for 15 mins more. Finish recipe as above.